September Favourites


Another month gone by again and I am overwhelmed at how fast motherhood is going! September was a month of firsts for our little family, Leo's first proper laugh (now we can't stop him giggling, he especially found a quick trip to our local supermarket particularly hilarious earlier today!), first family holiday and first big clear out of all of his old clothes. I have to admit that I haven't donated any of his newborn bits yet, they are all just bagged up nicely so I can look at them with nostalgia.
Heading into October and this is my absolute favourite time of year!
I love cable knits, orange leaves and cuddling up with a hot water bottle in front of the fire so Autumn is met with open arms in my household. Last month's favourites are going to come across very random but I thought 'that's fine!', sometimes your favourite things are just random bits and bobs that make you happy, so here are my 9 favs for the 9th month of the year!!

My Favourites

1. Doctor Foster-TV Series BBC
I loved this series last year when it came out with season one and usually I am very skeptical about sequels but I have enjoyed series two just as much. Doctor Foster follows a mother, wife and doctor Gemma whose husband is unfaithful and how her family unravels around it all. It is more of a thriller than a drama and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. When I knew season two was about to begin I watched the whole first series on Netflix so it's on there if you want to give it a good go and series two is over on BBC Iplayer!



2. Baywatch-DVD
By the looks of my September favourites so far you would think that I've been sat in front of the TV non-stop but I assure you I really haven't. Sometimes when you have a new baby it is so hard to find time for the things that you used to enjoy so last month me and my husband bought a random film that we thought looked funny and settled in to watch it (Leo sandwiched between us for cuddles of course!) I love this film! I had never seen the original series and wouldn’t have said it would be my ‘thing’ but I honestly thought it was hilarious. With ‘the rock’ and Zac Efron it was funny, silly and really entertaining I would recommend it to absolutely anyone needing a cheer up!

3. Maybelline jet black liquid liner
Recently I’ve been trying to give my skin a bit of a break and have swapped my heavy foundation and concealer for moisturiser (I’m secretly hoping that by letting my skin breathe it will return to its re-pregnancy state! A girl can hope...) but one thing that I can’t live without is my eye liner. I love this formula, it’s highly pigmented so it’s blacker than black and very easy to use. I will wear a small cat eye flick almost every day of the week with minimal mascara.

4. B&M cushions
Every now and then I love switching up the look in a room just by changing the cushions that I use. Recently I bought a few new ones from B&M bargains for £4.99 each and they have transformed my sofa. I bought faux fur grey ombré rectangular cushions but there are hundreds of designs in store and even the quality is great for the price. 

5. A decent dressing gown
After thinking that I had the whole ‘sleep’ thing cracked with baby Leo I realise that I really haven’t and recently myself and my husband have been up with him up to ten times through the night! Tiring work but every smile from those chubby cheeks and somehow sleep matters less (as a devoted lover of my bed I never thought I’d say that). To make these long nights and mornings more tolerable I’ve been turning to my big, snuggly fluffy dressing gown for warmth and comfort. Although it’s not too cold yet there’s nothing better than a night feed cuddled up myself. I was very kindly gifted my beautiful Ted Baker dressing gown but there are thousands out there to chose from at a much cheaper price.
Ted Baker Grey moleskin dressing gown £60

6. Crunch nut chocolate granola
OK, so probably not the healthiest of breakfast cereals but I use breast feeding as a brilliant excuse for the extra calories! I’ve had this for the entirety of September and really loved it. I’m a bit of a cheap skate so only ever buy it when it’s on offer so I’ve been reached for it for £1.50 at Tesco.

7. Alberto balsam blends hair conditioner
I did warn you that this favourites was random! I love this conditioner for your hair by Alberto balsam and have been using it every other wash to try and regain some strength and shine to my hair! During my pregnancy with Leo my hair was thick, healthy and was growing at an incredible rate but since giving birth I’ve had to cut it shorter just to stop it falling out so fast. Apparently hair loss is incredibly common in postpartum and contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with stress and everything to do with post baby hormones.
8. Nivea moisturiser 
And finally an oldy but a goody is my trusty Nivea moisturiser. I have bought this on and off for years but for the last month have religiously been applying morning and night and have really reaped the benefits. My skin is much softer and more supple so if I could recommend any cream it would be this one!

9. Primary grey coat with faux fur collar
I have always felt the cold two months before anyone else seems to so I have absolutely already reached out for my winter coat! I love my grey coat with its faux fur trim as it’s comfortable, very warm and adds a little bit of something to any boring outfit! This one I actually bought last winter but an incredibly similar one is available this year too so it must be a popular design. In this photo I am almost six months pregnant and bulging out all over the place under my coat so I would even recommend this style to all the mummies to be out there!

I really hope you’ve enjoyed my favourites this month as I have really liked writing this post! Very shortly I’ll be working on little Leo’s favourites for September too.

Meanwhile in other news we are selling our lovely home in the search of a newer 3 bed so if anyone is interested in nosing around ‘MumHacks’ house then here it is...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50947242.html

Comments

Popular Posts