January Favourites

The month of January is certainly a weird one. Most people are on a massive 'come down' from Christmas, have no money and are generally a bit blue. It's the same every year, you wait eleven months for this massive festive holiday and then in a matter of a week it's over and done with and suddenly it's already all about 'losing that Christmas weight'. It's like there's no time after to just sit back and think. 2018 means a brand new year, 365 more days of possibilities and I for one quite like January!
Currently I'm savoring all of my baby time as my officially return to work is just around the corner so I haven't really had time to collect too many favourites together but here's what I've been loving recently.

1. Netflix-Riverdale
I'm not one to usually follow 'hype' and watch something just because other people recommend it but that's just as everyone's tastes are different. However I have been hearing about Riverdale all over YouTube and all over the internet so I thought I'd give it a go. As it is a TV series set in a high school I was worried that it would be a bit young for me now but I have absolutely loved it. It's totally addictive, exciting and keeps you on edge every single episode.

2. Original Source shower gel-Mint
Honestly it feels weird to have a shower gel as a favourite but this to me is January all over. I got it as part of a Christmas set and it is the most refreshing, revitalizing scent I have ever had. I like it so much that I have bought a 100ml mini-version for our holiday this week! The larger size versions are currently on offer at TESCO for £1 so pick your's up this new year.

3. UGG boots
I know that these are a massive love or hate item. They are the 'marmite' of the shoe world but this was another Christmas present that I was very lucky to receive (from lovely, sexy husbando!) and I am obsessed! I have worn them everyday since getting them and they are just the comfiest thing in the world. There are loads of different styles about and the price can massively range but the ones that I have are the UGG-Australia Bailey bow boot incase anyone was interested.
4. SkipHop duo striped diaper bag
Recently I had a traumatic moment! My trusty, best friend, holy grail changing bag finally gave in and collapsed on me, several zips breaking and a huge tear along one side. I was close to tears! I was a little disappointed as I know women who have had changing bags that last years but I have used mine day in, day out since Leo was born so I guess that it's not done bad. I was desperate for a new one and came across this Skiphop duo striped bag and love it. I will do a more detailed review of this too as it's really worth it!

5. Petit filous-yoghurts
This is a definite favourite for our baby bear rather than myself, although I have been known to steal one of his out of the fridge for a snack! They are his absolute favourite thing at the moment and now he is eating so much more solids every day this is usually on the menu most days. I buy a big multipack every week and try to get them on offer for £1.

6. Clinique moisture-surge moisturiser
January means cold. Cold means dry skin. Dry skin means cracked, sore and horrible looking face. My real love is my clinique moisturizer that I once got free as a 'mini' and now cannot live without. Day to day with a baby I don't always do a full face of make up but at least with a bit of moisturizer that's busy protecting your skin, you don't really need to!
7. Uncle Bens mexican rice
I do apologies at just how random these favorites really are but I vowed to be honest about what I've been enjoying so here goes...this rice is delicious! I often have it in a tortilla wrap with cheese and sour cream, not the most healthy new year meal but a real comfort food for me!

8. Early learning centre-activity cube
This was another present and one that we have used everyday since. It is a mini-activity cube that little Leo loves to play with and move the little beads around. Everyday that he grows and changes I am more and more amazed at how clever baby bear is becoming. He associates noises with things now and really gets into his playtime. This is really great as it's quite small so it's super portable and I find myself taking it in the car, to relatives houses and anywhere else I may have to entertain the mini-man!!
At the end of this week we will be jetting off to Bordeaux for a wonderful, long weekend away so stay tuned for a 'First flight with a baby' and 'Holiday 2018' post coming very soon!!!



Comments

Popular Posts