Autumn 17 Fashion Predictions



Although we are very much in full swing of summer and our wardrobes are filled with maxi-dresses, tees and the same pair of ripped knee skinny jeans that I've been wearing with EVERYthing, August very much marks the time of change in the fashion world. August is when the shops turn from summer to autumn, when the days (although occasionally sunny) are already becoming shorter and when trends and predictions for AW17 are out and about in full force.
I do not profess to know anything about fashion apart from the fact that I love it! However, fashion has not been my best friend since the birth of my little boy. I would love to do a whole post on my maternity wear and how I styled nine months of looking like I'd swallowed a beach ball but my real struggle came when our little cub was here. It was such a strange transition for me to go from my (impressively-if I do say so myself) large, pregnant belly that I loved to extenuate in tight fitted tops and dresses because let's face it I loved looking pregnant. Well that and I always wanted to look 'with child' rather than 'with pizza'. So from going from that to suddenly very conscious of my 'mum tum' I really wasn't into fashion for a good month or so. Slowly my body is regaining some sense of normality (some) and soon I will love my summer wardrobe again but for now I for one am looking forward to AW17.
Despite scraping through GCSE textiles by the skin of my teeth I have always been fascinated by trends and predictions in fashion so here are my....
Mum Hack Autumn 17 trends to watch out for  
1. Red to Toe
Red is nothing new to fashion. It has been the accessory, undertone and splash of colour in both high end and high street for so many years but this year I think it could have a larger role to play. Rather than teaming a pair of red shoes with your signature little black dress, why not speak out with a pair of black shoes to balance your red dress. I say go bold or go home. Scarlet, ruby, burgundy, maroon...whatever shade you chose wear it with conviction and never be scared to go a shade braver, after all you don't want to end up on the being on the beige spectrum of a dulux colour chart! I predict masses of bright red knitwear, burgundy leather skirts and red and black gingham to add glamorous grunge to any outfit.
2. Go big or go home-Oversized knitwear
Oversize knitwear was one of the biggest trends for AW16 and it doesn't look like it'll be moving anywhere this year either. With designers from Gucci to Stella McCartney backing this style from 2015 to now, you know you can never go wrong with a thick knit jumper dress, chunky sweater or bat-wing top. 
From the perspective of a new mum I will always love this trend, not only will it be warm in winter, oversize fashion covers (quite literally) a multitude of sins, is practical to throw on for the school run and as designers keep proving will never go out of fashion. I will be wearing thick, knit sweaters with skinny jeans or black leggings and ankle boots this autumn. 
3. Say it! Slogan tees
Slogan tees and t-shirt dresses have been a big trend over this summer with everything from famous quotes to a flippant saying from Love Island being printed in big letters. 2017 is the year to embrace how you feel and to tell the rest of the world with a tee! Whether it's #sorrynotsorry or RELAX I love this trend and seemingly so does the rest of the world. Designs can be found in Primark, NEXT, River Island and Topshop alike and it literally is a matter of finding a slogan you like and rolling with it. My favourite during pregnancy was a set of maternity pajamas with a dinosaur print labelled 'Pregasaurus-Rex' I'd recommend teaming a white, slogan tee with distressed black jeans and a cheeky leather jacket for casual days and date nights alike.
4. Fur real-Autumn textures
Faux fur jackets, shawls and ponchos will for sure be making a come back this year after being incredibly popular in years past. Always a hot favourite with the more high end of the market and celebrity trends, I think if worn right that fur can be the perfect staple in everyone's wardrobe this autumn. 
Teaming large with little has always been popular, for example a big, fur jacket with skinny leggings will be seen here there and everywhere this year. This is a trend that I will definitely be joining in autumn with my faux fur gilet from NEXT that I have loved for years and hopefully a pair of sheepskin UGG boots that will be going on my birthday wish list this November.
5. Never too big for your boots
Probably the oldest tale in the fashion bible...boots. Leather, fur, textile or canvas we have loved wearing boots for centuries and 17 looks to be no different. Long, knee or even thigh (for those braver than myself) high boots can be the best friend to any of your autumn dresses and oversized jumpers this year. 
I love the look of signature black ankle boots with denim and nothing is more practical for walking through the inevitable british puddles and muddy fields. Definitely my favourite and my 'go-to' autumn trend I for one will be wearing my faux suede chelsea boots from picking my husband up from work at the farm to trips out with Leo in his buggy! 
My favourite boots this autumn come from Zara and Missguided if anyone is on the look out but for the bargain seekers like myself, always look out for the end of summer sales and never be scared to re-discover the same pair of boots you've been wearing for five years-trust me they still look good!

Comments



  1. This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

    -Phone hacks (remotely)
    -Credit repair
    -Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
    -Make money from home (USA only)
    -Social media hacks
    -Website hacks
    -Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
    -Grade change

    Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts