Book Club

I have always loved to read. I love the ability to escape from everything and to become someone brand new just by reading a page. That's why I wanted to start a Mum Hack book club on here where I will be reviewing one book each month (I don't think I could read more than that with the newborn!). I'd love any followers to message me over on my MumHack page on facebook for any suggestions of a good book that I can review. 

August Book...Girl on the train by Paula Hawkins


What can I say? I first came across this book when I saw a trailer for it as a motion picture (also great!) and thought it was worth a go. I had seen a lot of people liken it to Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn so knew it was in the same drama/thriller genre. 
Rachel Watson is a heart broken, unraveling alcoholic who builds fantasy lives for the people she passes on her train to work every day. Her world is unbridled and confusing, it's incredibly addictive to read as her thoughts and opinions are so all over the place. Then one day on her commute she sees something she shouldn't and suddenly a woman is missing that she's never even met before but feels like she knows. When Megan, a suburban wife goes missing Rachel feels it's her responsible to help work out what happened. 
Paula Hawkins writes in an easy flowing, moreish manner but the way she builds Rachel up as a character is unlike anything I've read before. 
This book is 416 pages and I could not put it down from the second I started to the very end!
Waterstones £5.99 paperback edition
Girl on the train DVD £6.99


Comments



  1. This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

    -Phone hacks (remotely)
    -Credit repair
    -Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
    -Make money from home (USA only)
    -Social media hacks
    -Website hacks
    -Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
    -Grade change

    Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts