Life update!


 Wow!
 It feels like I haven’t written ages and it has been ages. I cannot put into words how much has happened since my last post but I’m very happy to report that life is much simpler, less stressful and should be getting back to some sort of normal very soon. Two months have passed, my Leonardo is eleven whole months old and he is unstoppable. He is a little whirlwind who loves playing, crawling, sofa surfing and anything active. As long as he isn’t sat still the he’s happy and I’ve never seen anything funnier than his sheer love of life! We are now in his birth month, the month when my little man will be one year old and I cannot believe it. I ignored every old lady that told me this first year would fly by and thought no I will take in every second and enjoy it. But it really has flown by without me even knowing. It feels like you are pregnant for ten years and takes forever and yet when they are born it goes so fast. 


In the months since I last blogged properly we have moved out of our cottage of two years-short and sweet, it was the home where we had our IVF treatment, where I took my first ever positive pregnancy test after so many negative in the past. The home that I grew my huge belly for nine months and where we brought our three day old baby Leo home to! To me Top Farm Cottage was the beginning of our family as we know it now and we will forever love it for that! We then moved half of our worldly belongings into storage (aka:mother in laws garage-big THANK YOU!) and the rest (what we could fit of it) into our four berth mobile caravan idealistically situated on my husbands farm. Perfect as he could literally roll out of bed (please note: caravan beds are not like normal beds!) and be at work, less perfect that everything smelt of pigs. 
We spent seven long weeks there, not all bad I will gladly admit! Leo learnt how to crawl in that caravan. I was doing the typical first time Mum mistake and worrying that he wasn’t yet crawling at ten moths when I suddenly thought CHILL OUT! He is literally the picture of health and the happiest baby I know (even strangers on the street remark his smile it’s like he’s on the best drug ever) although if I had someone to bathe, feed and cuddle me 24/7 I reckon I’d smile a lot too! So what if he was 10 months and only just crawling, to us he was perfect. He also had this most hilarious crawl (I say ‘had’ because he is now crawling properly and is faster than me!) where he kind of dragged his body with one arm, half like an army crawl and half like a scene from ..... but either way totally adorable and unique to our bear! We had so many snuggly, family nights in together (dog and cat lived with us too so you can imagine how ‘cosy’ it got) but secretly I lived for those winter nights cuddled up under a woolly blanket, chatting about our days and seeing what funny new thing Leo had learnt to do. I feel he learns a new thing every week at the moment, a true jack of all trades our boy! 
Towards the end of our time before our new build was quite finished however I was getting restless in the caravan. It wasn’t bad we just needed SPACE! Space to eat and play and move and ‘live’ that you just don’t get when your living room, nursery, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom are all the same bloody room! But I’m proud to say we made it, mainly thanks to hubby fixing all the things that broke and for keeping me sane and towards the end of April the Twiddy family (myself, Arron, Leo, Milo, Coco and Finley) moved into our brand new detached build in Donington. Boxes and boxes and boxes later, seriously we keep cardboard in business, and we are so happy in our new home! It’s been a turbulent few months and I’m not quite sure that the turbulence is over just yet but that’s all the fun of a young family and we are loving every adventure that heads our way! 



So I am back blogging, please bare with me while we get internet installed and I finally get back to writing but I am honestly back! 

Comments

  1. All part of the adventure guys keep up the blog I love the feeling of being involved in your journey xx all the best in your new home and with the next chapter in your life as a family xxx Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! So lovely of you for all the kind words I hope your family are all well, take care and enjoy your exciting times ahead too! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts