Leo's autumn favourites!



Leo’s autumn favourites

It is now two weeks into November and only now am I finally getting Leo’s September and October favourites up and posted so I am making it an autumn edition, but in my defense it’s been a busy couple weeks. What with selling our house twinned with Leo’s massive sleep regression (completely normal for 5 month olds but still exhausting) it’s been tricky to find the time but finally here it is!
As I say in the last couple of months Leo has really struggled with sleep and a few times has been up every 45 minutes. Of course it is tiring for me and my husband but it’s tiring for the little guy too so he has been taking some comfort in a few different things this month to help him through!

So here are some autumn favourites as chosen by the little man himself (kind of!)

1. Mamia fruit&veg pouches
During my whole pregnancy and when Leo was a newborn I was adamant that I would be doing baby lead weaning just like all of the books suggest. I didn’t really like the idea of processed foods and purées and now I have become the mother that I once would have judged! From the end of four months I know that Leo needed a little more than just breast milk. He was growing nicely but wasn’t gaining weight as he once had done (totally normal), he was also struggling to sleep and getting increasingly grouchy! I decided to try him on the 4+pouches from Aldi and he absolutely loves them! He has one pouch everyday at noon and other than that is a milk fed baby still (my need to keep him a baby for as long as possible is strong!) his favourite flavours are carrot&parsnip and blueberry&squash!
2. Dentinox teething gel
Leo's gums are tougher than ever and he has been struggling a little with chewing and dribbling so to help him out we have been using dentinox teething gel. We have used bongela in the past but I honestly think that this brand works quicker and for longer so will definitely be re-purchasing when he finally does run out of it.
Dentinox teething gel £2.99 Superdrug

3. Lamaze sensory gloves and socks 
I had never seen anything like these until they were given to baby Leo as a gift and he went mad for them! They are basically gloves and socks with little rattling characters sewn on but the team of bright colours and the sounds that they make mean that it keeps Leo entertained for ages by himself! He has really found his hands and feet these past few weeks and these have really helped. It also gives me five minutes peace and quiet while he plays on his mat and I get a few bits done!
£12.99 Tesco

4. Dove baby body wash
Before now I have sworn blind that either Johnson’s or Mamia are my favourite kind of skincare for Leo but one day during bath time I suddenly realised that I had run out of both! I'd kindly been given some dove bath things as a baby shower present and just stored them away in little ones nursery so decided to give them a go. I absolutely love it! The dove baby body wash leaves his skin super soft and smelling even more amazing than babies already do (the new baby smell must be a genuine addiction...please say its not just me!)
£1.99 Boots

5. NEXT baby bear hat
This hat is very fitting as we have always called Leo our 'baby bear' so when we found a furry, cub hat in our local NEXT we just had to get it. Now that it's getting colder it's so important that we wrap the little man up (often looking like the michelin man!) and a little hat is the perfect accessory. It keeps his teeny, tiny ears warm and looks super cute to boot! Here is our baby bear sporting his hat on our beach holiday to Cornwall a couple months ago.
 

Comments

Popular Posts